109 6th Street SE
Minot, ND 58701
Christian Orthodoxy came to Minot, North Dakota with Greek immigrants. In the year 1912, a group of 250 men from Greece arrived in Minot, North Dakota to work on the Great Northern Railway. In 1921, the first baptism by a Greek Orthodox priest took place in Minot. The first liturgy was celebrated at St. Mary's Greek Orthodox Church in 1934. Parishioners came from all corners of the Greek world. Unfortunately the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese was no longer able to provide a priest. St. Mary's Greek Orthodox Church services came to a close in 1976. The church went without a full time priest for several years, but was able to continue services with temporary priests through the Orthodox Church in America. In 1980 the parish formally joined the Orthodox Church in America and became St. Peter the Aleut Orthodox Church. The church now includes parishioners of multiple different ethnicities including converts. We are now an "American" Orthodox church with services in English.